I plan on building a 65% mechanical keyboard. The case will be modeled and printed by me, the switches will be handwired to an arduino microcontroller. It will be compatible with MX switches, Cherry stabilizers, and Cherry keycaps.
- Design keyboard layout and plan wiring matrix
- 3D model a plate (potentially with flex) that accommodates hardware, switches, and case
- Model and print case
- Lube switches and stabilizers
- Install stabilizers onto plate
- Hand wire the diodes and wires to the switches
- Install the switches to the plate
- Put together case with plate, and install keyboard firmware (GMK)
Taking inspiration from Matt3o’s blog and Ben Chapman’s article.