I am super excited to build this, previously I did not have the funds to build it, but now I can! If my first try goes well, I can use extra parts to build more or even hold a workshop on this at my art or computerscience club! I will paint a painting using some illusion techniques and gouache and electric paints. I hope that the outcome will look ethereal and I can share it with my community as an intersection of art and CS, something I’m really excited to explore!
Inspos: https://www.tiktok.com/@muhtanya/video/7046606440378879278?is_copy_url=1&is_from_webapp=v1&lang=en https://www.instructables.com/Touch-Sensitive-Musical-Painting/
What steps are you going to take to build it? What tools are you going to use? What will you do first, second, third, etc.? I will need paints (especially electric), soldering materials, a microcontroller, breadboard, and some code.
- Paint a painting (maybe something like this: https://www.wayfair.com/Latitude-Run%C2%AE—Abstract-Music-and-Rhythm-Painting-Print-X111445681-L1318-K~W005573729.html?refid=GX627049012299-W005573729_101881669_101881671&device=c&ptid=1706450412608&network=g&targetid=pla-1706450412608&channel=GooglePLA&ireid=60534904&fdid=1817&PiID%5B%5D=101881669&PiID%5B%5D=101881671&gclid=CjwKCAiAwc-dBhA7EiwAxPRylCBzno0bXR3wRdh8IALluNqxzf0BSTCC-T3D1OypxYs_QAc_Op0MaRoCX8IQAvD_BwE)
- Construct copper tape circuit on back of painting
- Attach breadboard to microcontroller
- solder wires to copper circuit and breadboard
- use tone.js (https://tonejs.github.io/) to code the synthesizers
- test and try again!
What materials will you need for your project? Where will you get them? How much does it cost? Please include all materials, including components you already own. Make sure to factor in shipping costs and sales tax. Please let me know if you have any high quality suggestion replacements if it helps with the cost! I have canvases so I can take care of that. If this product (https://www.adafruit.com/product/136) becomes in stock, I can replace the breadboard kit, microcontroller, soldering kit, soldering iron, and wire spool from the list below.
|soldering iron station||amazon||$54.75|