Arduino Plant Base to Track and Maintain Plant Health
What are you going to build? What does it do? Why are you excited to build it?
The goal is to create a plant health monitoring system. The system will be able to hold potted plants while being connected to a variety of sensors that will notify the owner with a variety of information through an app. The app will contain info regarding soil moisture levels, temperature,etc. The app will contain status bars configured to the specific plant. I’m excited to build it because of the change and simplicity it will bring to plant owners.
EDIT: The following link is the guide which I will be referencing to build the project EDIT: https://littlebirdelectronics.com.au/guides/4/automatic-plant-watering-with-arduino EDIT: The 3D printer will be used to create a hardware sheel for the device and a holder for the sensors that will be used in my project
What steps are you going to take to build it? What tools are you going to use? What will you do first, second, third, etc.?
- Identify the type of plants you want to monitor and their specific needs, such as sunlight and water requirements.
- Gather necessary equipment, such as sensors to monitor soil moisture, light levels, and temperature.
- Install the sensors in the appropriate locations, such as in the soil for moisture and temperature sensors and above the plants for light sensors.
- Connect the sensors to a microcontroller, such as an Arduino, to collect and transmit data.
- Use a program, such as Python, to analyze the data and determine the health of the plants.
- Use an actuator, such as a motor, to automatically water or adjust the lighting based on the analysis.
- Create a user interface, such as a website or mobile app, to view the data and control the system remotely.
- Test and refine the system as needed to ensure accurate and reliable monitoring and maintenance of the plants.
- 3D print a stand to hold sensors and probes
Arduino Temperature Probe Photoresistor Sensor Module Light Intensity Detection Digital Switch for Arduino Soil Moisture Sensor Arduino Wires Breadboard 3D Printer Water Pump 5V Relay Module 50cm tube (for pump)
What materials will you need for your project? Where will you get them? How much does it cost? Please include all materials, including components you already own. Make sure to factor in shipping costs and sales tax.
TOTAL COST (w/ tax and handling (SHIPPING WITH AMAZON PRIME (NO SHIPPING COSTS))): $241.23