Smart Device Controller
What are you going to build? What does it do? Why are you excited to build it?
A touch screen smart device controller. This will be able to view camera feed and audio from ring devices, and control smart lights, thermostat, etc. I’ll also be creating a custom webpage interface hosted locally through apache utilizing APIs.
What steps are you going to take to build it? What tools are you going to use? What will you do first, second, third, etc.?
- Buy a Raspberry Pi
- Buy a compatible form fitting touch screen
- Buy Smart lights
- Install and setup Home Assistant
- Connect Devices (Ring Cameras, Smart Lights, Thermostat)
- Create Webpage Interface
- Add RDP for remote control and easy setup
- Mount Pi to the wall as a smart controller
- Research APIs and integration
(Cost Includes Tax)