5” FPV Drone
I am going to be building a 5” full size FPV (First Person View) drone from scratch. It will be capable for recording cinematic FPV footage after I learn how to fly it. In the process of building this drone I hope to learn and improve on skills such as soldering, electronical engineering, flight design and more. This project will require me to connect all the parts of the drone together and program the flight systems to ensure real world performance. I am excited to build this since I have always wanted to have an FPV drone because of the compelexity and challenge it poses in both flying and building compared to a normal one. Building the drone myself will allow me to learn more about how each component works and how it interacts with the rest of the drone.
For most of the building guide I will be following this video.
The TLDR of the my steps is as follows
- Assemble Frame, attach motors and flight controller stack
- Solder motor connections with soldering iron
- Attach radio, VTX, camera to frame
- Solder radio, VTX and camera connections to the frame
- Calibrate drone in BetaFlight
- Calibrate drone with controller
- Fly Away
Products I Already Own